Sep 6, 2011

A Loving Letter to Myself

A Loving Letter to Myself
…A Letter to Moms Everywhere 

Sincerely, From the Stork’s Nest~ Liz 

Dear “Me,”
Motherhood is the most wonderful, yet periodically overwhelming, job in the world.  It does not come with a manual or instruction booklet.  In an effort to be kind to myself as I navigate through what is best for my family and me, I will consider the following: 

*  I will not try to be Wonder Woman.  Wonder Woman was a cartoon character and I am a real woman.  It is impossible for me to do every thing, every day.
*  I will be easier on myself.  When things do not go as planned, I will not issue blame and not beat myself up about it.
*  I will forgive myself for not being perfect because the reality is that no one is perfect.
*  I will stop comparing myself to my friends and others I meet.  I will remember we are all individuals.  I will remember that just because someone looks “pulled together” on the outside does not mean that they are.
*  I will give myself credit for doing the hardest job on the planet and for making the best decisions I can make in the moment.
*  I will recognize my strengths and give myself praise.
*  When I feel overwhelmed, I will take a deep breath and silently ask myself, “Will this matter a year from now?”
*  I will ask for help when I need it.  I will remember there is more strength and power in asking for help than suffering in silence.

With Love,
Me

Do you need help? Stork Support, LLC provides home-based emotional support, short-term counseling and resources to pregnant women and parents after they deliver or adopt a baby.  Stork Support assists parents and families as they adjust to having a new baby and eliminates the stress of having to leave the house with baby in tow or having to arrange childcare, while getting the support of experienced, licensed professionals.  Experts in recognizing Postpartum Depression, Stork Support teaches parents about the symptoms of which to be aware while also providing assessment and short-term counseling.  Stork Support, LLC was created by Liz Bland, MSW, LSW, C-ACYFSW and Rebecca Colonna, MSW, LSW.  For more information about Stork Support, LLC please visit www.storksupport.com and on facebook at www.facebook.com/storksupportllc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment